The Colwall Park COVID-19 policy
At The Colwall Park we are committed to bringing you a safe and comfortable environment during your time with us.
Our approach to health, safety and hygiene is paramount to our guests, customers, staff and suppliers. With this in mind our social distancing and cleanliness measures are being elevated to ensure you feel safe and comfortable.
We are closely monitoring the ever-changing situation and will revise our policies constantly to ensure they meet current guidance.
This document is our guide on how we intend to navigate this situation, what processes we are putting in place and to offer you reassurance that your time at The Colwall Park will still be the relaxing experience you deserve.
COVID 19 Audit
We have signed The Colwall Park up to The Covid Hospitality Audit, created by The Mystery Partnership. We know our guests will feel more secure knowing that the measures we are taking throughout are being independently audited.
The Mystery shopper partnership are specialists in the luxury Hotel and Hospitality industry with over 15 years’ experience worldwide. We have been using them to assess our quality standards for the past 4 years and know that their expertise will be invaluable at this time.
We are treating both our customer and staff’s safety around Covid 19 as a top priority and the Covid Hospitality Audit supports us by measuring The Colwall Park against 50 best practice standards in the Hospitality Industry and Government guidance.
Hygiene and Sanitation
- Sanitiser stations will be located at all entrances and exits to each area of the building.
- We are fitting special Clear Air units from hygiene specialist company Citreon in key areas of our building, along with additional mobile units. These are an environmentally friendly solution, which using the latest UV technology, removes malodours by eliminating airborne and surface bacteria and kills 99.5% of all airborne viruses. It uses 4 types of technology, operates around the clock and is chemical free.
- Our housekeeping team will be working to new enhanced cleaning and sanitising schedules which will be visible around the building.
- Key touch points such as reception areas, door handles will be cleaned every 15minutes.
- Team members will be given adequate PPE for their roles and will have their temperature recorded on arriving at work. If they present with a temperature over 38 degrees they will be sent home and not permitted to enter the building.
- Dedicated PPE disposal units are being brought in to ensure adequate removal.
- Recyclable, environmentally conscious single use menus will be introduced.
- We will be offering disposable cutlery and glassware for customers who prefer this.
- Tables will be deep cleaned after each sitting.
- Tables in restaurant/bar and lounge areas are being spaced for social distancing and to allow for distanced order taking with our servers.
- Table only service with no ordering at the bar.
- We will be removing are self-service breakfast buffet. You will need to order your continental items with your breakfast waiter.
- Cancellation policies are being amended for greater flexibility. Our usual policy is 48hr notice for all cancellations to avoid a 100% charge. In light of the current situation we have amended this to allow for bookings to be moved to an alternative date with no charge.
- Guests with any symptoms are asked not to visit The Colwall Park for any reason. These include symptoms such as a fever, chills, cough, and shortness of breath, body aches, sore throat, or other symptoms identified by the HSE.
- There will be signage in all areas to ensure guest compliance, along with reminders for social distancing and one-way systems where appropriate.
- There will be markers in reception to denote social distancing from our reception team.
- Room keys will be sanitised by our housekeeping team and left in your hotel room. We will also have a designated key drop available on check out.
- Room servicing will be done by one member of staff and will be optional during your stay.
- Any unnecessary furnishings and reading materials have been removed from rooms.
- Contactless room service will be available from a limited menu.
- Breakfast seating times will be booked in advance and must be adhered to.
- Designated entrances will be used by each team to enter and exit the building.
- Teams have all been issued new procedure documents to follow surrounding our new standards of working.
- Teams will stay in their designated areas throughout the day and not mix with other teams.
- A designated Duty manager will be on hand to assist at all times.
Social distancing and compliance
- In order to ensure a calm and comfortable environment for all, and to comply with current social distancing regulations, we will be limiting numbers of guests across all areas of our business.
- All guests will be met on arrival by our dedicated Arrivals Manager, who will offer clear guidance on the next stages of your visit.
- We will be asking all guests to have their temperature checked on arrival. Anyone whose temperature is recorded as 38 degrees or above will be asked not to enter the building. It is recommended that you check your own temperature prior to arrival to avoid disappointment.
Our goal is to create a safe, secure and welcoming environment for our guest, customers and for our staff. We will provide you with the best experience possible whilst you relax and enjoy The Colwall Park.
Let’s create some special memories together.